Basic information: Proventil Inhaler is a bronchodilator used for bronchospasm prevention in patients.
- Brand Name: Accuneb / ProAir HFA / Proventil / Proventil HFA / Ventolin HFA
- Generic Name: Albuterol inhalation
- Preparation:: Inhalers: 100mcg
- Available: Generic for Accuneb / ProAir HFA / Proventil / Proventil HFA / Ventolin HFA
|1 inhalers x 100 mcg||$37.99||$37.99||Buy Now|
|3 inhalers x 100 mcg||$89.99||$30.00||Buy Now|
|6 inhalers x 100 mcg||$162.99||$27.17||Buy Now|
Drug Proventil Inhaler refers to a bronchodilator drug. It is one of the representatives of selective agonists beta 2-adrenergic receptors.
Most often Proventil inhaler is used to ease seizures induced by bronchial asthma.
Indications for Use
Indications for drug’s use:
- asthma (suppresses asthma attacks), as well as cough prevention;
- bronchitis in chronicle;
- bronchospastic syndrome;
- premature birth;
- fetal bradycardia;
- during surgery on pregnant uterus.
Mode of Application
It is applied as inhalation. At the beginning of the attack you should make up to 2 breaths (about 100 to 200 g). Repeated application is after 4-5 minutes, initial effect absence. Subsequent inhalation should be performed after 4 hours or more.
The maximum number of times a day is to 6 applications. With regular use of inhalation it is from 2 to 4 times a day. Before you go out into cold air, make inhalation for 20 minutes to prevent bronchospasm.
A single dose of powder is from two hundred to four hundred milligrams.
Generic Proventil Inhaler:
- child (12 years) and adults – 2.4 mg up to four times a day. For elderly people – two mg. The maximum single dose is 8 mg. The maximum amount per day is 32 mg.;
- children 6 to 12 years old, 2 mg three times a day. The maximum dose per day is 24 mg.;
- children from 2 years old up to 6 years – up to 2 mg 3-4 times a day.;
- pills with prolonged effect after 12 hours for adults up to 8 mg.
It is available in the following dosage forms:
- Aerosol form single dose is 100 mg. It is available from aluminum cans, two hundred doses in an inhaler.
- Powder form (metered) (two hundred and mcg-dose and four mcg-dose).
- Tableted form. It consists of a film (for two or four mg).
There are other forms of Proventil Inhaler bought via Asthma Inhalers Online https://onlineasthmainhalers.com: syrup form, injectable solution, concentrate for preparation of infusion solutions.
The main substance is salbutamol sulphate (124 mg = 100 g of pure substance).
Additional substances – propellant GR106642X. Preparation does not contain chlorofluorocarbon.
Interaction with Other Drugs
- With central nervous system stimulants, thyroid hormones – stimulants which increase activity.
- With theophylline, ephedrine which may provoke toxic effects.
- With corticosteroids, MAO blockers, tricyclic antidepressants which increase likelihood of complications with heart and blood vessels.
- With substances for inhalation anesthesia with levodopa. This interaction causes arrhythmia in cardiac ventricles.
- With beta-blockers (used in the form of Ophthalmology), antihypertensive representatives which reduce these drugs effect.
- Nitrate which reduces their antianginal ability.
Proventil Inhaler Side Effects
Side drug effects can affect multiple organ systems:
- Central nervous system and sense organs:
- upper limb tremor;
- feelings of anxiety;
- increased agitation;
- brief convulsive phenomena;
- sleep problems.
- Cardiovascular system:
- heart palpitations (if in pregnancy, even in the fetus);
- violation of rhythm;
- increased peripheral vascular lumen;
- decrease or vice versa jump in blood pressure;
- heart failure;
- myocardial necrosis.
- From digestive system:
- feeling of nausea;
- sensation of mouth dryness.
- Allergic symptoms:
- face swelling;
- painful redness;
- difficulty breathing;
- Increased sweating, pain when urinating.
Increasing the amount of glucose in blood, as well as free fatty acids.
Contraindications to the use of online Proventil are the following:
- hypersensitivity to the drug;
- pregnancy (if used as a bronchodilator);
- threat of possible miscarriage;
- use during lactation period;
- children under 18 months is contraindicated inhaled version of drug;
- kids up to 2 years of age;
- children under 4 years of age is contraindicated powdered version of the drug;
- with a possible miscarriage in the first two trimesters of pregnancy;
- for intravenous administration in birth canal infection presence, fetal death in utero, improper fetus development.
It is necessary to consult a physician if you want to use the drug if you are in presence of the following diseases:
- high blood pressure;
- cardiac ischemia;
- renal or hepatic insufficiency.
When possible overdose can be observed the following effects:
- possible hallucinations;
- decrease in blood pressure;
- tachycardia phenomenon;
Pregnancy and Lactation
In experiments with pregnant animals was established toxicity effects on fetus. There are some cases where drug intrauterine injection during pregnancy and subsequently is promoted the birth of children with developmental disabilities (with a heart problem of underdeveloped limbs).
Protect the drug from direct sun influence. Temperature of the storage location should not exceed 30 degrees. Also, do not expose drug to low temperatures.
To protect access of children to place of drug storage. Balloon out of drug is prohibited to subject to mechanical action: pierce, disassemble. You also can not throw into fire, even a blank cartridge.
If spray is frozen a bit, you can remove it from plastic base and warm hands.
Shelf life is about 2 years old. After expiration of this period, it is recommended not to use the drug.
So, Proventil Inhaler may help you for:
- respiratory diseases treatment.
- available in various forms such as powder, and ubiquitous pills. The most available format as an inhaler.
- It is not recommended for use in pregnant women and nursing mothers.
- if you have problems with endocrine system, heart, before Proventil Inhaler use you should consult a specialist.