Bronchial asthma is characterized by recurring attacks of heavy breathing or suffocation due to bronchoconstriction, mucus hypersecretion and swelling of the bronchial mucosa. Online Asthma Inhalers recent researches suggest that there are four asthma ages. Asthma is one of the most common diseases among children: 5-10% of children suffer from this disease, and this figure increases each year.
Currently children’s asthma is treated as a chronic disease, which is based on allergic airway inflammation and bronchial hyperreactivity.
“A terrifying asthma diagnosis”
Many parents think that their child suffers from obstructive bronchitis, but not asthma. The word “bronchitis” – in any combination – sounds more familiar and seems not very scary. People who are far from medicine, may be unaware that it’s much easier to treat asthma than, let’s say, chronic obstructive bronchitis. As for the “diagnosis” of asthmatic bronchitis, there is simply no such a diagnosis, and we are talking most likely about the same asthma.
It is now well known that asthma develops in most children due to exposure to various allergens.
- These may be common house dust, animals’ hair, dander and saliva (cats, dogs, guinea pigs, hamsters and other rodents);
- Feline allergen contained in saliva, dandruff or hair is most powerful allergen and has a excellent stability and ability to penetrate deeply into the lungs. It may easily survive in the environment even after the cat was removed from the house;
- Dog allergens (hair, saliva and dander) are also able to maintain a high level for several months after the removal of the dog from the house.
Acute respiratory infections can also be an asthma trigger. Many children are allergic to medicines;
- Now it’s proved that the severity of the child’s illness is directly dependent on the number of cigarettes smoked daily by parents. Seizures occur as a reaction to passive smoking.
Childhood asthma control
Asthma treatment requires a change in family structure, which existed before the disease:
- Everyday life;
- the surroundings;
- the general regime;
- living conditions.
The family has to take a complex of measures aimed at reducing exposure to allergens, preventing exposure to the factors that may worsen the disease:
- Is a family member is sensitive to house dust mites, all carpets and stuffed toys should be removed from the rooms, general cleaning of the house with a vacuum cleaner should be carried out regularly;
- It is desirable to keep mattresses and pillows in polyvinyl coatings;
- Do not use feather pillows or feather beds;
- It is also necessary to remove the excess moisture in the house;
- If asthma exacerbations happen due to a contact with pets, they should be removed from the house;
- If case of asthma exacerbations in connection with certain foods, you should be prescribed a special diet and strictly comply with it;
- Learn how to provide emergency aid for asthma.
It is important to understand that such treatment does not add any difficulties, but simply changes the attitude to the image of the family life.
Bronchial asthma is a chronic disease, which can be controlled with modern medication. The child will be under the supervision of an allergist and pediatrician. He will be prescribed a certain regimen, which must be observed even in the absence of acute symptoms.
Usually the child with asthma is treated with the help of inhalers. A spacer inhaler is one of the most popular inhalers for children. You may buy the best asthma inhalers at Asthma Inhalers Online at the reasonable price: Ventolin Inhaler, Seroflo Inhaler, Pulmicort Inhaler, Serevent Inhaler, Advair Diskus.
An example of tactics of a child with asthma:
- Explaining asthma symptoms to the child, as a result of which you become companions of doctors in the treatment of your child’s asthma;
- Evaluation and monitoring of the disease severity using objective indicators reflecting the lung function (spirometry, peak flow);
- Removal (elimination) of provoking factors (allergens);
- Drug therapy. Develop a plan of medical therapy for a permanent cure (basic therapy), using inhalers, nebulizers. The development of the action plan in the period of acute (symptomatic treatment);
- Specific immunotherapy;
- Restorative (rehabilitation) therapy with the use of non-drug methods, spa treatment;
- Regular visits to an allergist.
Asthma is not a sentence
At the moment there is no cure for asthma. But there are modern tools to rid your child of the disease manifestations. The doctor will explain all the principles of asthma treatment. But remember the main thing: the doctor makes certain conclusions about your health based on your story. Therefore, before visiting a doctor get ready to tell necessary information to him.
Do not try to treat asthma with the help of neighbors, grandparents, friends who know “everything about everything”, psychics and healers!
Asthma will not limit any physical or mental activity of your child. Asthma and sports are compatible. It is not a disease that may lead to disability. Some people with this diagnosis are artists and doctors, poets and politicians, Olympic champions, artists of opera and ballet.
Many expectant parents are afraid of the word itself – “asthma”. This diagnosis is treated as a sentence – that is the result of lack of knowledge about the nature of the disease and the inability to control it. In addition, modern methods of asthma treatment are rather young – 12 years old, and science is constantly moving forward and offering new ways of the disease fighting.